family of nations

"I am God Almighty; be fruitful and increase in number. A nation and a community of nations will come from you, and kings will come from your body. The land I gave to Abraham and Isaac I also give to you, and I will give this land to your descendants after you." - Gen 35:11

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Family

Pastor Khong's message yesterday at the leader's meeting proved one thing to me- he has the humility of Moses and a great passion for God! He encouraged the whole church about the miracle catch, citing the example of Abraham. Now God promised Abraham numerous descendants, but he died with only one. Did he cease believing? He did not. Just as well for us, as we believe in God for 12 disciples, although it did not happen at the Miracle Catch, we should not cease believing.

Tasked with babysitting Anna and Elsie, it was difficult to pay attention fully.
But I enjoyed myself tremendously playing with them. Elsie is engaged with a story and pictures. I told her the story of the Magic Balloon, and as the story unfolded, with a wicked witch and 12 birds to boot, she drew the images. I ran out of steam quarter ways, I must say. Jac came in with a Christmas tree and Elkan mused on how the wicked witch had past hurts and was not really wicked after all. (I thought that was hard for a kid to understand, since Good and Evil are always poles apart)

Anna, on the other hand, is kinetically gifted (read hyperactive) and has love for how things work. She was amused when I inflated and deflated her balloon over and over again. I think I repeated that for more than 20 times. We also captivated her with peeling off the plastic around the green tea bottle and stuffing the plastic into the bottle.

It is amazing how at such an early age, children begin to exhibit their talents and tendencies already.

Janita

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home